[IQUG] [iqug] IQ SYSTEM MAIN filling up during FULL backups

Louie, David David.Louie at blackrock.com
Mon Mar 4 09:51:07 MST 2019

Thanks Mark.

The requirement has really gone up.  So for my 45 TB server I’d need at least 1250 GB of SYSTEM MAIN.

It will be a challenge to  I explain the sudden need to get to this recommended size when we were well below the required space for the longest time.

But we have had two instances on separate systems where during backups we exhausted SYS MAIN.

It will be interesting to know if any other shops are keeping up with the required space for SYS MAIN.

-David