[IQUG] Anyone got around this?

Ray Naugle rnaugle at dssolutions.com
Thu Aug 22 07:53:13 MST 2019

I get data from a number of sources in varying degrees of “quality”.  I operate in a UNIX environment and typically do a lot of pre-processing to make data in a more standard format that I typically load.  When I get data with double quotes, I have found that every column has that around the data is double quoted and a comma separator.  In cases like that I run the data through some edit filters (sed).  When dealing with double quotes I change all [ “,” ] (quote comma quote) pieces of the string to a single pipe character  [ | ], along with the beginning and end of line quotes.  I load with QUOTES OFF with no issue – the single and double quotes in the text are included in the column load fine.

Hope this helps.

Ray