[IQUG] Failing in killing a given production IQ connection handle!

Mark Mumy markdmumy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 08:27:31 MST 2018

Steve,

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if the connection won’t drop.  I would recommend grabbing stack traces (pstack?) every 1-2 minutes for 3-4 iterations.  Then open a case and attach the pstacks.  Make sure to include things like sp_iqconnection, sp_iqversionuse, sp_iqcontext, etc.  This will help us figure out why it isn’t being killed.  More of a root cause analysis then helping the current situation.

The only way to remedy it if it won’t die is to reboot IQ.  But make sure to grab the above info so that we can figure out why and address it in the code.

Mark