[IQUG] How to restore full database and transaction backups from an IQ Simplex to an IQ Multiplex?

Steve Shen sshen at sscinc.com
Tue Jan 23 06:49:06 MST 2018

Subject:
How to restore a full database dumps from an IQ Simplex to an IQ Multiplex?
                How to restore transaction dumps from an IQ Simplex to an IQ Multiplex?

Assuming that I have an IQ Simplex machine name S and an IQ Multiplex with two nodes, coordinator node M1 and reader node M2.

If I take the full backups from the Simplex machine S, is it possible to restore the backups to the coordinator node M1?

If I take transaction dumps from the Simplex machine S, is it possible to restore the transaction backups to the coordinator node M1?

If I change the Multiplex (M1 + M2) to Simplex (M1), I will be able to load the full and transaction backups from S; but I am wondering whether I can avoid this step because I will have to convert it to Multiplex again.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Regards,
Steve Shen

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.