[IQUG] [CAUTION] Re: ****SPAM**** [iqug] IQ Multiplex on AWS cloud

Love, Joe joe.love at sap.com
Thu Dec 13 10:35:48 MST 2018

Hello,

I concur with Mark.
My division is probably the largest user of MapR for IQ, we implement the IQ specific MapR based storage via NFS. And we love it.
That said, it is done in a bare metal scenario.

When using AWS, it is best to use one of their pre-built storage options that is compliant with IQ, otherwise you are paying for additional compute and i/o for your storage as well, which can add up fast.
We have been looking at EFS as well for shared services between IQ, and other databases and our applications, but have not implemented it yet. If you go this route, I’d love to hear your experiences.

Best Regards and Happy Holiday Season to all,
-Joe Love
SAP Digital Interconnect