[IQUG] [iqug] RE: Dynamic options IQ 16.0

Gehman, Kirby kirby.gehman at sap.com
Thu Dec 6 12:57:44 MST 2018

Escape_character, quoted_identifer and chained are all listed in the docs as “Takes effect immediately”.

For example:

set option public.quoted_identifier = 'off';
select * from sysoption where "option" = 'quoted_identifier';
set option public.quoted_identifier = 'on';
select * from sysoption where "option" = 'quoted_identifier';

The first returns no results, because the string “option” does not equal the string “quoted_identifier”.

The second returns results because the column “option” does contain a value equal to “quoted_identifier”.

Demonstrating that that the option takes effect immediately

Can you provide an example of what you were doing to test setting of the three options, and what version of the server you’re using so I can test?

Kirby Gehman
Platinum Technical Support Engineer
Digital Business Services
SAP North America