[IQUG] Slow fetching between two identical IQ servers

Louie, David David.Louie at blackrock.com
Thu Nov 16 06:17:21 MST 2017

[cid:image001.png at 01D35EB1.C4E30130]

It takes 16X longer to fetch data from IQ to a flat file in our QA server vs our DEV server.

Hardware same, nic card, same, RAM and CPU same.  Table is the same.

My packet size is 16000 ( max).

However I see that these two isql configs are set in the slower server.

Suspecting this may be the issue I want to turn them off or rest to default however cannot

QTREWD_QA_IQ.dlouie..2010.1> set option public.ISQL_SHOW_MULTIPLE_RESULT_SETS='OFF'
QTREWD_QA_IQ.dlouie..2010.2> go
SQL Anywhere Warning 120: 'ISQL_SHOW_MULTIPLE_RESULT_SETS' is an unknown option

QTREWD_QA_IQ.dlouie..2012.1> set option public.ISQL_PRINT_RESULT_SET='LAST';
SQL Anywhere Warning 120: 'ISQL_PRINT_RESULT_SET' is an unknown option
QTREWD_QA_IQ.dlouie..2013.1>

This is IQ 15.4.

Thanks
David

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.
For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2017 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.