[IQUG] IQUG Digest, Vol 59, Issue 16

Steve Shen sshen at sscinc.com
Wed Nov 15 12:36:51 MST 2017

Recently my users ran into frequent issues on " Insufficient buffers for 'Sort'" because more concurrent connections were using the production IQ instance at the peak time.

There are two solutions:
1. To increase the value of "-iqtc": It's not easy to find extra RAM!
2. To reduce the value of " Sort_Pinnable_Cache_Percent" from the default 20% to a lower percentage: The SAP/Sybase technical document strongly discouraged us from changing the value on "Sort_Pinnable_Cache_Percent".

I am wondering whether any of you had ever lowered the default values on " Sort_Pinnable_Cache_Percent" and resolved the issues for good.

If yes, what percentage did you lower to?  Please let me know.  Thank you.

Regards

Steve Shen

t: (646) 827-2102
This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.