[IQUG] How bad in IQ are mismatched datatypes in join cols

Louie, David David.Louie at blackrock.com
Thu Nov 2 14:52:19 MST 2017

I know that in ASE it’s a big problem.  Is it the same magnitude in IQ?  I would think so but want to know how aggressively I should be beating our developers :D

The index advisor is finding a lot of datatype mismatches on join cols in our queries.

Thanks
David

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.
For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/en-us/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2017 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.