[IQUG] [iqug] Error on select object_id on IQ 15.4 server (ESD 3)

Mumy, Mark mark.mumy at sap.com
Tue Aug 29 11:50:50 MST 2017

I don’t know that we’ve officially said anything on the compatibility stuff.  Right now, the ASE stuff is still in IQ.  We have deprecated a ton of older compatibility views from SQL Anywhere over the years.  The rationale for those views was for customers moving over from ASE.  Something to consider moving forward is that we have removed other compatibility stuff as the need decreased.  The strong recommendation would be to convert over to using native IQ/SA syntax and not rely on the views.  This is the long term recommendation.

Mark

Mark Mumy

Strategic Technology Incubation Group
Customer Innovation and Enterprise Platform |  SAP

M +1 347-820-2136 | E mark.mumy at sap.com

My Blogs: https://blogs.sap.com/author/markmumy/

https://sap.na.pgiconnect.com/I825063

Conference tel: 18663127353,,8035340905#