[IQUG] Executing Java from IQ 16

Patrick Doherty Patrick.Doherty at fidessa.com
Tue Mar 3 05:47:34 MST 2015

Hi,
I finally got to the bottom of this so am posting it here for future reference if anybody else has this issue.

The upgrade maintained the SYSTEM PROCEDURE INVOKER model.
So following the upgrade instructions I explicitly regranted the EXECUTE privilege to the following system procedures (this is in the documentation but takes some finding!):

sa_audit_string, sa_checkpoint_execute, sa_disable_auditing_type, sa_disk_free_space, sa_enable_auditing_type, sa_external_library_unload, sa_flush_cache, sa_list_external_library, sa_flush_cache, sa_list_external_library, sa_server_option,sa_procedure_profile, sa_procedure_profile_summary, sa_table_page_usage and sa_validate.

This still didn't solve the problem!

I also had to explicitly regrant the EXECUTE privilege to these system procedures as well (which is not documented anywhere that I could find):

sajvm_JavaWorker_Complete
sajvm_JavaWorker_FillArgs
sajvm_JavaWorker_SetOutputAndReturn

Hope this is of some use to somebody else in the future.

Cheers

Patrick